Saturday 19 October 2013

Backwards and forwards

Left my home 40 days ago for a huge adventure. The month leading up to that was filled to bursting with spreadsheets and lists of things we had to tick off. (I guess that should be check off, but I can't bring myself to speak North American outside the office).  Looking back we have achieved a lot.

  • Stewie started school this week, on the Tuesday after the Thanksgiving weekend. Wednesday he rode the yellow school bus for the first time.  What has he done at work this week?  All I can get from him is that you need to wear your inside shoes inside; they did maths (math?) which was focused on pumpkins; and on his first day he did music twice, either side of recess, whatever that is.
  • Gary refered to crisps as 'chips' yesterday. That was just plain weird. Not so much an achievement as an observation of the surreal.
  • I have managed to open 2 bank accounts, one in the city at "the worlds bank" where incompetence is required.  I'll be closing that account next week as I have since opened one in Bolton where Jeanne, my bank manager, phones me to let me know my credit card is in the post.  Customer service like I have never seen before. 
  • Bus and train trip to the office is relaxing...


We are moving into our new home in 12 days...exciting times.  Our furniture is still in a container in the UK, expected who knows when...we shall be camping out, inside, for while but we'll have beds, TV and each other so let the fun continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment