Friday 22 November 2013

At last, the weekend

Another week in Canada has flown by.  Some weeks back we were at the wine store buying a bottle of Pinot.  Gary joked that we should buy the 2 litre bottle...yeah right, like we have no class.  This week we bought that bottle, having polished of a carton of wine the other night.  OMG it is so stressful having a five year old, a crazy work week, one TV and no car.

Lots of long days, twice to the city to get my Laptop fixed.  Both visits end in failure.  Maybe next week the IT guy will find my office in the depths of the office, left at the disused mail room, mind the bins.  I had a lovely email apology today from the banshee who screeched at me down the phone yesterday.  She was raging about an IT problem and thought  I was responsible.  I waited for her to breathe then jumped in and stated that I was the customer not the supplier.  Don' t shout at me.  "Well who should I speak to," she raged.  Oh the desire to say "bovvered" in my best Vicky Pollard was hard to stifle.  Who knew training truely had emergencies.

Lots of walking this week.  Stewie's learning about the senses so lots of time spent listening, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching...I smelt fresh bread and cakes on the way to the GO bus.  Small person  jumps off the school bus and tells me he spent time kissing a girl called Rihanna during class when the teacher wasn't watching.   Omg!  As we walk home I ask what Rihanna looks like.  " Who's Rihanna?" He asks.  So fickle or Walter Mitty? Hard to say.

Small boy had great fun last weekend, playing "soccer" in the street with the kids across the street.  He so wants friends to play with it is painful.   The Boys kicked the ball and dodged cars whilst the little girl and I painted pine cones and made decorations out of pipe cleaners.  Our Christmas window box is a work in progress.  Our one strand of 50 White Xmas light is no competition for our neighbours




No comments:

Post a Comment